AuthorTopic: Old Master Remastered Challenge  (Read 116077 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Old Master Remastered Challenge

Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 02:45:26 am
there are some pieces that people love to edit.  congratulations on making another one of them ^^

your nose -----> altered

i tried to make it more to how i saw the original, pushing the shadow between the eye and the nose out on both sides so that that plane would appear to be closer to perpendicular to the viewer.  also adjusted the shape of the lower nose, pulling it left a bit and tweeking shapes to visually match the original.  tried to keep it in your style too, though i dont know how i did.  anyhoo, take it or leave it, my eyes, though fine for colors, are not the best at seeing shapes and proportions and i could be way off on this edit
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 06:14:38 am
I keep saying I'm done... I'm not.

OLDER - NEWER

Color tweaks (probably finalized palette now), eye and jaw edit as per Gil. Numerous small AA tweaks and color meshings. Didn't find the nose to need significant altering after all, and I think the jaw edit in Kon's reply alters the likeness more than it helps it. If I've learnt one thing is that when you copy something, you do some real measurement instead of eyeballing everything. Sorry if I seem reluctant to incooporate critique but this I'm kinda choosy on this one. But thank you all for the critique and edits! I hope I haven't derailed this thread too much.

Offline goosemonger

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 12:08:24 pm
Mine's nothing special, just a basic pixel art version of The Son of Man by surreal artist René Magritte. I'm not game enough to try anything experimental just yet, this is the first completed piece of pixel art I've done in a number of years. So just a cartoony, simply piece to start off with.
Hope you like it.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 08:58:03 am
WIP Venus Asleep

Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 10:43:16 am
Helm, the colours are really eye catching on that piece, i like how you've taken them in the other direction (purple). I think there's a problem with showing her face in the correct perspective, her chin being up a little (in my eyes at least). But it does look awesome at the moment.

It would be a fun thing to do, but i'm not sure if i'll actually go through with making something.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 12:38:31 pm
Elk: It's nice to see you show so much enthusiasm to take on a picture that big, and it's really nice so far, but one of the restriction was a maximal size of 160x160 pixels.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 02:14:07 pm
oh damn :o
well next time maybe lol
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 07:11:01 pm
Damn another masterpiece in the making there helm. I noticed some few stuff that bothered me and made a fast tweaking. 

I adjusted 2 pixels on the headcloth part, darken the left eyebrows, pushed the cloth/hair.
I also placed 1 pixel highlight on her left nostril. I hope this helps :)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 07:22:55 pm
Fun stuff

The pic is based on one of my favorite naturalist pictures, Sick Girl (Syk Pike) by Christian Krohg. I remember the first time I saw it I thought it was a photograph. Fantastic piece of art that has really inspired me. It would be a great trial just to reconstruct it, but that's not what the challenge was about so I mixed her with a shot of Morpheus in his usuall chairsitting fashion.  :D Don't know why. 25 colours.

"Take the blue pill, and you will be sedated. Take the red pill, and you might not get what I've just given you."

Originals:

The picture I found of the girl might be tilted somewhat. Didn't notice before I was allmost finished, but I can't be sure if it is.
The colours are made slightly more yellow mo match the Matrix colours.

Ugh... I had to pillowshade a lot. I guess it's allright if you are making pillows... but I feel like I need to wash myself...

Adarias: Would be fun to be in your allstar group. Can't think of a mascot at the moment, but I'm just checking first.

Crits will be made another time.

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 10:07:23 pm
Snake, that beats so much ass that... I just can't describe... wow... freakin awesome.
Well, to get down into the nitty gritty, the skin tones aren't there yet, seems a red shift + slightly more saturation would do the trick

Somebody should really do a spoof of the matrix with sick-granny as Morpheus :crazy:

Oh yes, and the new Pixelation PWNS :Grin: