AuthorTopic: Girl with gun  (Read 3343 times)

Offline dich

• View Profile
    • www.yoyomode.ru

Girl with gun

on: September 20, 2006, 09:05:39 am
while that 32 colours...
while that is not finished ...

:huh:
Excuse me for my bad English! :/

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Re: Girl with gun

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 11:33:01 am
I really do like the brihgt purples in this, give it an edge, Very impressive so far.

instant

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:30:15 pm
I love it so far, my only crits are in regards to the upper torso's connection at the waist. it irks me slightly. Its gold so far though.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 12:36:23 pm
Very nice, Maybe try to blend in the top hat colors a bit more though, so far your doing about a 9.10

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 03:52:50 pm
Good going so far. I'm liking the smooth inner and hard outer edges.

Apart from the allready mentioned, there are a few proportional faults even if it is semi-abstract or chibi. The neck for example is pretty large. Not for the head, but it makes the shoulders and torso seem too small and therefor a bit wonky. The flying ... things don't really do it for me. I would suggest you remove the speedlines and exaggerate them more.  Also, and this is just a question, is the gun supposed to be warped by a sort of fisheye perspective or is it just really, really huge? Now that I look at it, her trigger arm is bending in a pretty odd way. It should either come straight out from the shoulder or bend towards the right, rather then the left. It's possible to shoot like that, but if you try it yourself, it's not a very comfertable pose.

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 09:14:57 pm
Snake hit most of the things I noticed, but here are a few more:

Width of the mouth and lack of any lips is making me think it's a man, baby!

The underwear is bright white, and making it look like the crotch is protruding out, reinforcing the above statement.

The glints of light reflected in the eyes are perhaps a bit too big, and the pupils aren't dark enough. A bit more contrast in there would bring her to life more.

The shading on the hair is kind of confusing, especially the brightest bit. Some more highlights on the hair could be nice as well.

The ankles don't really match, size-wise.

The hand dropping the purse is a bit flat looking. Maybe add some more overlap on the fingers, especially the thumb.

The design of the dress is IMO, very ugly. An image search for "victorian dress" found some dress designs that I think would work very well on her.

The biggest problem by far is the lack of any torso, it looks more bizarre the longer I look at it--It looks like she's got legs growing out of her ribcage.

Well, that's all I've got so far. Also note, as usual, that I'm only being so nit-picky because I like what you've got so far, I just want to see you take it further!