AuthorTopic: [WIP] [C +C] I Honestly don't know what to do with the arms and head.  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Senritsu

• View Profile
I've been working to improve my isometric sprite for weeks and can't seem to get arms and head down.

This sprite is for an online PvP fighting game I'm working on. There's not much to say about it now.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
She's leaning backwards it seems, that seems to be the biggest issue you have.

Offline Night

• exidelo
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/26118.htm
    • Exidelo
    • View Profile
The legs seem generally good (the stance in relation to the isometric projection), but I think you should go a tad bit down with the AA and see where that gets you.
The upper body fares worse than the lower part and it seems to mainly be because of the way you have drawn the arms, or arm rather; from this view you'd probably be able to see both arms and in regards to the already visible arm it would not be as straight as you've drawn it as it feels way too stiff.
Also, I think the breasts are too overbearing; they seem too wide.
Maybe this will be of some help:
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline Senritsu

• View Profile
The legs seem generally good (the stance in relation to the isometric projection), but I think you should go a tad bit down with the AA and see where that gets you.
The upper body fares worse than the lower part and it seems to mainly be because of the way you have drawn the arms, or arm rather; from this view you'd probably be able to see both arms and in regards to the already visible arm it would not be as straight as you've drawn it as it feels way too stiff.
Also, I think the breasts are too overbearing; they seem too wide.
Maybe this will be of some help:

It's suppose to be a male sprite. I'll try your suggestions about the arms and the AA.

Offline Digivoxel

• View Profile
Snip
It's suppose to be a male sprite. I'll try your suggestions about the arms and the AA.

Ahhh! I'll be honest I thought they were boobs as well, the way they are chiseled out makes them look very feminine. They also might be a little too low, not entirely sure, or many just too big.

Offline Senritsu

• View Profile

Ahhh! I'll be honest I thought they were boobs as well, the way they are chiseled out makes them look very feminine. They also might be a little too low, not entirely sure, or many just too big.

So what do you recommend I do with the chest?

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Maybe you should show us some of your anatomy practice, so we can gauge what your general knowledge of anatomy is. It's hard to give critique when all we have is this one little piece. For example, the chest muscles are incorrect, is that because of a lack of anatomical knowledge, if so, why are you unable to find a reference to correct that? Should we assume quite a good knowledge and just tell you how to handle fat tissue to wrap around the muscles and go from there?