AuthorTopic: Dat sweet butt wiggle  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Dat sweet butt wiggle

on: December 30, 2015, 03:26:05 pm
So I'm trying to get that sweet butt wiggle on an adorable sluggy-creature thing (called a gastrosnap from some person on DA), but really this is my first time actually attempting real animation for my own cause.
Which means I suck. :D

What I want to achieve is a puppy like excitement. You know, when they get so excited because you're about to throw a ball for them and they start wiggling their whole bodies instead of just the tail. I want that.

Btw, the subject is a pun, because the creature is supposed to eat a lot of sugary stuff.  8)

So I had forgotten rule 1 of animating. "Stick figures."

Think my little blocky creature has way more of what I'm going for.

Added my base colours and outlines to help smooth out some of the movements.

Man this progress thread is fun.

Something is not right in that tail, but overall I think it looks much better than the first version.

Cleaned up the tail directions and added some of those swooshy lines people add to animations.
Also changed the duration of some of the frames. One was uniform the other not.

So I've slept and come back with a nice fresh perspective and I think I am happy without speeding up the frames or adding the particles.

Higher tail with the fixes. The lower tail wiggle looks better because more SWOOOSH, but this one gives me more of the feel I want, so sticking with it.

Gonna leave this for now, but if anyone can give me some advice on making this better I'd probably be more than happy to start all the way from scratch, so don't be shy.  ^-^
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:22:21 am by Ambivorous »
* may contain misinformation