AuthorTopic: [WIP][C&C] Knight in shining armor  (Read 4219 times)

Offline tpendle

• View Profile

Re: [WIP][C&C] Knight in shining armor

Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 12:55:53 pm
@Ambivorous: Thanks for the links, I gave them a read and they're really interesting, a good point of reference for the future too! Here is the sprite I made using your color palette, it's a definite improvement I really like the result:

Now I'm gonna try to apply this new color and lighting stuff to another sprite I was happy with, and now look at with repulsive disgust hahaha :p

@Neophos: Thanks for the input, I agree the gloves were too much actually, this way is truer to the style :)

@Friend: Thanks for the edit. Your new knight looks good but unfortunately I'm not super excited to change his height because I've already created a bunch of body templates based on http://www.idrawdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/prop_var.gif. So whereas my knight follows the 180cm/Buff template, yours is more along the lines of my 190cm/Normal body type template. So it's still good! (and I will be making a 190/Normal soldier too), but not quite what I was looking for :)

@Lachrymose: Good idea, after reading your post I actually saw this in a tutorial. Changing the background helps to simulate the ambient light and stuff :) For the environment I have in mind atm though, I think the blue background is more appropriate but thanks for the tip.