AuthorTopic: Flaber + Indigo + Mockup = Eyegasm  (Read 5934 times)

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Re: Flaber + Indigo + Mockup = Eyegasm

Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 05:44:50 am

aiight - figured id played enough for now

SoOoOo
i figured that our slowly evolving mockup deserved a background. Its a real rough quick sketch. Thought that i would sketch out perhaps an idea for it. The colours arnt right, i know - i didnt spend time on choosing correct colours for it, just blocking it out. The greenery and plants make it look cluttered, yes, but they are just to give an idea of what perhaps we could do - a direction to take. Thats a canyon with a waterfall on the left incse ya missed that.

then the only other thing i played with was the top tile with grass
the grass you had before was really flat and uniform looking i felt. I figured it needed more variation, and depth, instead of being plastered down. I changed the colours abit because i wasnt too keen on the oranges in the grass.. it melded into the rocks below too much
The rocks were too geometric for me.. not naturally looking enough. Tried to add in variations and such, make it look alittle more muddier/dirtier, not sure if i accomplished that yet though. The large amount of highlights on your version allmost made it look like it was varnished - shiny dirt. Im not sure though if I have enough in mine, perhaps i have too little.
Spent abit of time matching it to the tiles below, but inorder to have matched nicely i would have had to redone all the tiles, but i really like the forms and shapes for the rocks you have below.

left the dirt in the tree because it kinda sounded like you had an idea for that.

have at 'errr