AuthorTopic: Goku Portrait  (Read 1948 times)

Offline uok

• View Profile

Goku Portrait

on: December 10, 2015, 11:29:02 am
A portrait of Goku  á la Fire Emblem. Chose him because of his crazy hair, thought it would help me master unjagged lines  :)

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Re: Goku Portrait

Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 10:35:19 am
Looking pretty good so far. Never played Fire Emblem so I don't know their style but here are some of my thoughts:

- Eyes are looking kind of weird. They look like they're bulging out or something. Just look off I think
- Hair needs some more attention. I don't like the tiny single pixels hanging off some parts of his hair but that's just my opinion. Also, I don't think you've created an accurate representation of Goku's crazy hair. It looks off as well. Maybe trying expanding the canvas and some parts of his hair bigger. Look at some reference
- He looks kinda scrawny. Goku is one seriously built anime character. Broad shoulders, thick nick, big trapezius muscles, wide chest, etc. I think you need to rework his body in some places.

Keep it up uok!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:38:13 am by heyguy »

Offline uok

• View Profile

Re: Goku Portrait

Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 06:36:24 pm
I didn't want the insane saiyan Goku, but the first time we've seen him all grown up at the fighting tournament thingy... Couldn't remember the name of it. You're right about the hair and the eyes though, I'm not very satisfied with them either.