AuthorTopic: [WIP] Fighting game Character design FEEDBACK HELPS  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Th3DankOn3

• View Profile

[WIP] Fighting game Character design FEEDBACK HELPS

on: November 18, 2015, 03:06:58 am

This is a character I worked on for about 20 mins, Its still in its prototype phase but I could still use feedback to point out any mistakes in this prototype that may carry over to the finished product.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Fighting game Character design FEEDBACK HELPS

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:33:17 am
His anatomy is kind of off. Such as his left fore arm being much thicker than his other arm, and longer too. try shortening his bicep and lengthen both of his forearms. Also check the anatomy of his legs a bit more. Try to add shading to the left side of his face, I will show you an example of a sprite I made. Notice the shading on the other side of his face. it adds a contrast. Also his left leg and right leg are kind of "off in the distance" so they are slightly darker to give the rest of his body more contrast.
I like the character design overall, it's a good concept. Keep going and keep updated, I'd love to see the progression of this.

Offline Th3DankOn3

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 10:52:33 pm
This is just a quick edit I made( because at the time I didn't have long to work on art ) I added shading to the left side of the face, and I changed the coloring to the left limbs. I also tried to change the right leg a bit to make it appear a bit realistic I guess, originally I wanted a more cartoonish style so I hope not to stray to far from that. I also changed the biceps and forearms a bit.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 02:45:04 am
It's looking better. the arm which is holding his hand out is still a bit thicker than his other arm. Just shrink down his bicep and tricep just a tad. Also the shoulder on this side is larger than his other one.
  This is a quick edit showing everything I think that could be done to help improve it basically. I shrunk down his other arm a bit, flipped the shading as the darker color should be more of an outline rather than lighter one, as it just looks like it is highlighting. It also wouldn't hurt to color his eyebrows the same color as his hair, as it would help his face stand out more. Keep going!