AuthorTopic: [PAID] Illustration / Pixel Art - WC2-style Unit Profile Images for Two People  (Read 2140 times)

Offline PeregrineStudios

• View Profile
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to do a bit of creative illustrative work, ultimately rendered in pixel art.

I'm sure a lot of you will recognize these guys: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Warcraft_II_units

I'm looking to have social media profile images made of me and someone else, based on this art style - possibly based on specific unit portraits, or just generally based on the overall style.

I'm also not looking to have the images I give you just outright copied over into the style. The photos you'll see aren't posed or lit for this. I'd like to see a creative translation - ultimately, the photos of me and the other person should almost be more 'inspiration' than a template you're working off. I'm not looking for how this art style would look skinned over some photos, I'm looking for how some people would look if they were rendered in this art style. The photos are just to show you what the people look like.

Now, of course, back in the day, 46px x 38px was plenty. And while I definitely want to maintain the pixel art aspect of it, I also want to see that resolution increased. It may need to display nicely at sizes up to 250 x 250 px. That doesn't mean the total resolution of the image needs to be 250 x 250, but it DOES mean it has to be distinguishable as good-looking pixel art at that size, and not just a horribly, blocky mess (which, if you size up these icons to 250 x 250, they ARE, so there will need to be a resolution increase). It's also worth noting that while most places will display these inside a square frame, as normal, some special snowflake websites will put it inside a circular frame, so it should look okay in that context as well.

Lastly, this is paid work! I may not be able to quite match the pay a large or professional studio might pay for the same work - I'm a guy, not a company - but I still firmly believe that you deserve to be paid for the work you do. I also know I've asked for a lot of 'creative leading' from you on this, and I know that isn't as cheap or as easy as some deviantART shysters would have us believe :)

With all that in mind, is anyone interested in this work? It's not exactly huge, but hopefully it can fill a few hours - maybe a day or two - of your time.

You can contact me via private message here on Pixelation. This work isn't being done on behalf of any company or studio, just private citizen li'l ol' me!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:59:15 am by PeregrineStudios »

Offline Revkahdel Creations

• View Profile
Hi there,

Interesting project! Please check out our portfolio and then email us if you'd like us to help you out on this.
http://revkahdel.deviantart.com/gallery/53172742/Portfolio
revkahdel@gmail.com

There will be two of us working on this for maximum results. Obviously we don't expect double payment, so essentially its two minds and talent for the price of one. Could you please let us know how much you are thinking of paying for each image.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Revkahdel