AuthorTopic: Practice fighter sprite  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Practice fighter sprite

on: September 14, 2006, 11:27:51 am
I'm making this fighter sprite, It's a WIP, but some comments would be appreciated as always :)

My anatomy is kinda bad even after taking an art class, so bare with me->

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 05:14:25 am by Draco9898 »

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Re: Practice fighter sprite

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 12:56:14 pm
just thought I'de tell you a little technique I use for stances and anatomy of a fighter sprite, first make a little stickman witha colour like green or something, then go around it placing the muscles and basic shape to him in red then clean up the red and get rid of the green, then add the clothes in red and clean up those lines too, then recolor the red to black, then add the muscles in red aswell as the facial features then recolor those too, then shade everything, and then take away the outline, and voila you have a fighter sprite, figured it might help if you ever plan on making another fighter sprite

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:50:26 pm
This isn't bad at all, but I suggest you figure out what type of shading you want to use as you have several. You have outlines on the arms but not on the chest, shadows at the bottom of the chains and then full outlines on the metal ball. I can't see anything wrong with your anatomy at the moment, but I can't make out where your lightsouce is. If it's the eyes or a top-down light, there should at least be some shading on the chest. At the moment it looks most like it's comming from the back. If that is the case, the wings and the small wings on the head should at some point be making shadows to the right.

Good so far. Looking forward to your next edit :)

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:26:36 pm
Tom: Gee, thanks tom, but that is what I already do ::) Thank you for trying to help me though.
Snake: The chest just looks plain weird and messy if I put an outline in it, and the lighting, well, I'm just trying to show off all the details, I will try to pick an overall lightsource and or fix the details you mentioned. I like the idea of having the fire in the eyes giving off some type of light, I did not think about that one :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:39:55 pm by Draco9898 »

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 03:32:51 pm
the way his eyes are closed makes him look sorta happy, a fighter should not look like ^.^, and really, I thught I was the only one who did that  :'(

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 04:19:09 pm
Ummm, sure tom whatever you say