AuthorTopic: [C+C] Tracer  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

[C+C] Tracer

on: October 30, 2015, 02:12:16 pm
I tried drawing character with much more details then my previous sprites:

Refrence: http://cdn2.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/tracer_presskit.jpg (I am ignoring the lighting from the middle thingy)
Result is not amazing, but its effect of everything I am able to do alone so far.
So does it resemble the character, how is the anatomy/pose?
If possible point everything that could use improvements...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:01:09 am by Dnilb »

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Tracer

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 07:53:41 pm
Did a quick paint over. Hope you don't mind. You're missing her hour glass figure and long legs. Your pose was a little flat. I gave her a more dynamic3/4 perspective stance, similar to the reference. Take a look at her anatomy and study real anatomy reference too. Anime styles draw in a slightly elongated anime. Google anime anatomy, drawings and stuff. I honestly think my paint over can still have slightly longer legs. What does everyone else think?

You're also missing important character details. Her popped collar and angular sleeves are  hard to see in your image. These silhouette related details are important and will help the image resemble the character.

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Tracer

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 11:28:46 am
Thanks, your post helped me understand/remember alot of things.
I feel like my drawing skills regressed with this sprite :/ it might be because I am not doing this on daily basic but more as a hobby.
Main issue I see myself doing is being "afraid" of doing those nice shapes.(for example legs on your sprite compared to mine).
I won't update this one for now, gonna try doing something easier with less details.