AuthorTopic: Need help with low resolution fast walk animation  (Read 2495 times)

Offline oxysoft

• View Profile

Need help with low resolution fast walk animation

on: October 25, 2015, 07:54:31 pm
I am trying to translate this animation

to a side view, and this is what I have so far

After like 4 hours of fiddling with this, it finally looks like these legs are trying to get somewhere BUT

After comparing the two, it looks to be more like a jogging animation than a fast walk as in the first one but I have had a lot of difficulty making it readable when the motion was slower. I didn't even intend to turn it into a jogging animation, it just kind of turned out this way naturally as I was trying to make it more readable.

Don't mind the odd colors, only focus on the animation please

Thanks

Offline BatElite

• View Profile

Re: Need help with low resolution fast walk animation

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:55:05 pm
I think what might be the problem is that you don't always have one foot on the ground. That is usually recommended for a walk.
Also the front leg becomes too long when it touches down.
Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.

Offline oxysoft

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 05:22:35 pm
I modified it a bit and it looks more like a fast walk now I think

I have a lot of trouble with the front leg however, especially when it goes behind, to the left. No matter how I draw it, it doesn't look good.  ???

In this version, I simply left it out for now to get an idea of the whole picture as it is.

Edit:

A bit better than what I had before but it still feels really off
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:55:54 am by oxysoft »

Offline japie81

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:10:54 pm
i think you pretty much nailed it with that last edit. The legs seem a bit small compared to the rest of the body though. Maybe shifting the torso one pixel to the right compared to the legs might help, not sure though

Offline oxysoft

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:51:31 pm
i think you pretty much nailed it with that last edit. The legs seem a bit small compared to the rest of the body though. Maybe shifting the torso one pixel to the right compared to the legs might help, not sure though

It does look a bit better now that I look at it from a fresh eye. However, the leg does seem to get smaller when it goes behind