AuthorTopic: How much could I reasonably expect to pay for this character?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline got_rhythm

• View Profile
Apologies if I don't embed this properly, I'm doing this from my phone. This is not an actual job offer yet, just research for budgeting.

I'm curious how much I could reasonably expect to pay for this character including the brief animation (ignore the background).

http://orig05.deviantart.net/e8e3/f/2014/195/7/d/frost_attack_by_z_studios-d7qnl0i.gif

More importantly how much could I reasonably expect to pay for the same character with 5 different animations of the same quality / complexity.

If you do not feel comfortable telling me publicly please feel free to private message me. Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:42:41 am by got_rhythm »

Offline DaLk

• View Profile

Re: How much could I reasonably expect to pay for this character?

Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 01:12:53 am
something like 1-2 hours of animation,
twice that -and more- in character designs, size tests and first frames : an important part that is often neglected by "i want to pay the same per sprite sheet" clients

Offline Meowsor

• View Profile

Re: How much could I reasonably expect to pay for this character?

Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 04:12:53 pm
It really depends on the artist.

Artists charge different rates on their art, which is often up for negotiation (Good luck with that though xP)

You're better off advertising the job, comparing the prices of different artists and choosing from that.