AuthorTopic: Base Combos  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Les_Claycool

• View Profile

Base Combos

on: October 12, 2015, 03:01:49 am
So i've been working on this base that I had from a while ago, right now I am attempting three different attack animations for the base... a jab, a straight, and a high kick.... I've done the jab from the side and it looks pretty nice but I'm still looking for CC if you see anything... manly I need help with this kick I am trying t just animate the final frame or climax frame and then work from there but cannot seem to get it right something seems off about the way the weight is balanced or maybe the way the body is stretched im not sure...  http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/fighter-doing-high-kick-illustration-32871502.jpg this is my reference...

and   as you can tell im also having trouble with shading and portraying form on the kick as well idk if it's because my linework is off to begin with though.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: Base Combos

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:40:19 pm
For the jab, I would recommend not having his feet shift like that. A better idea might be having him do a quick step forward, or leaning a bit more into the punch.  It looks pretty nice and clean, but it has almost no range.  Leaning forward or a step in might help that.

For the kick, I'm not sure if this makes sense, but move the 'weight' of the leg's pixels to the top.  Right now, the leg looks a bit rubbery and an inverted bone structure. 

I also wouldn't worry too much about shading for right now unless you want to keep the character like it is now.  I would assume you plan on adding clothes and details that would have different shading than bare skin.

Offline Les_Claycool

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 08:30:19 pm
I definatly see what you mean about the rubbery look in the leg i tried to fix it a bit as well as the positioning of the head and chest....
still looks off I think though... as for the shading I want it to be well shaded because it is intended to be used for a top down mmorpg style game where you start nude and equip clothes etc...
As for the punch... I noticed some little thing going on where it moved back... i changed this and made it moved forward less so I think it does look a lot more like a step now... and the range I dont think is a problem based on the way gameplay is intedended to work...

*Update

Here's the animation so far, came out better than I thought but seems to still lack power IMO, and the climax frame still looks off to me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:44:04 am by Les_Claycool »

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 05:45:51 pm
They could still do with a bit of extension, and maybe another frame of lead up.  They're lacking impact.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 02:22:12 am
weird how front foot jitters forward with the jab.
I wouldn't call it a jab when the head moves forward with it.
jabs r for speed so its faster to jab from the shoulder and  torso motion is basically just some rotation as the opposite arm is pulled back in preparation for a strong cross-punch where the body is thrown into it...