AuthorTopic: [C+C] Puzzle game character (and basic tileset)  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Tachi22

• View Profile

[C+C] Puzzle game character (and basic tileset)

on: October 14, 2015, 07:16:45 pm
Hi everyone!

I would really like to ask anyone here for little help. Currently i'm trying to make main character pixel art, which for me (as absolute beginner) is really hard. i've spend almost whole week trying to figure something out and got this,. I feel like there's something wrong and that's why i'm asking for help. I'll take any advices or criticism that would help me make character looking better. Here is image (for gameplay issues it have to be twice as tall as regular tile and same width - which means 32x64),

UPDATE: New sprites in the reply.

I'm also posting my current tileset, so u can see how it works with character. Feel free to say anything about tileset too ^^.

And here is how tileset looks together (did it for testing).

Thank you for any help, and just for information: I'm using a "Pyxel" program.

PS: And typical, probably really annoying "sorry for my english" from non-english-speaker.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:01:31 pm by Tachi22 »

Offline Julito98

• Saludos!
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Puzzle game character (and basic tileset)

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:08:26 pm
 ;Dits an pretty good bigining!, your principal character sprite and some of the rocks of the tile-set have an light source issue, the pretty know "pilow shading", you should check this post that talk about it pretty detailed: http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299. Good luck  :y:

Offline BatElite

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:45:57 pm
I'm having difficulty seperating between sets in the tileset. You have multiple sets of upper layer, and it looks confusingly ordered. Could you rearrange the tiles to be clearer in their purpose?

Other than that, your ground is quite busy. You could replace the darkest colour with the second darkest colour.
Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.

Offline Tachi22

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 08:28:32 am
Hi. I'll look at that things as soon as I'll get home. Thanks for help.

Offline Tachi22

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 09:00:54 pm
In meantime, I've been working on fixing shading on character and some rocks in tileset, so I'm posting updated versions.

Character

Tileseet