AuthorTopic: [C+C] Bandaged guy  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

[C+C] Bandaged guy

on: November 01, 2015, 06:04:03 pm
Remade my old sprite:
I tried to pay closer attention to the anatomy and pose, I hope its right this time:

So how are the improvemnts?
Did I draw bandages and left arm properly(+anything else)?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:07:48 pm by Dnilb »

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Bandaged guy

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:01:30 pm
I think the bandages look waaaay better now! (though I'm not sure about the anatomy)
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 04:01:18 am
Hey, I think the pose, body type and bandages look more interesting than the original. I think his whole arm is too long in my opinion though. Also, you should use another color other than dark brown as a background. It's hard to see the character since he has a lot of browns too.

I guess that's hair on his head? It needs more detail like highlights, etc. The gray line on the shirt on the left looks a little weird to me.

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 05:14:55 pm
Update:
What I remember changing:
-Shading in some places
-Added highlight on hair
-Pose adjustment
-Right arm is smaller
-Made it so it looks like arms arecoming out of the "collar"
-Diffrent robe shape
-Brighter colors on shirt
-Recolored gray line on shirt
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:16:31 pm by Dnilb »

Offline IrresponsibleFreelancer

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 09:33:08 pm
Looks much better than the first.  My only problem is that the bandages still dont quite look like bandages when youre not using your imagination.  They seem much to smooth to be old mummy type bandages.  Alos with the odd clothes that you added the body lost all of its form and anatomy.  The legs look 1000x better than before (altough the pants could use a few more wrinkles  :crazy:

You also kind of changed his character from one drawing to the next. In the first one he was lanky and lean, now hes stocky and well built.  I dont know its up to you but i think the new one has him much too stocky. 

His neck is pretty broken and his head is an odd shape, the arms could use more musculature especially since hes so stocky now.  His arms are much to long.  They should go to about mid-thigh not knee or below. 

Sorry im a bit too lazy to do an edit at the moment but maybe later.  Looks gret keep up the work  :crazy:
I dont get it done, but when i do its not done.

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 01:30:39 am
You've shortened the wrong arm. His right arm (the left side of the image) is too long. Make that pose in the mirror and check out how long your arms are. I also agree with Freelancer about the head. It is an odd shape. Check out actual skulls for reference.