AuthorTopic: Black and white comic [WIP]  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Frankiesmileshow

• blargh
    • View Profile
    • Frankie Smile Show

Black and white comic [WIP]

on: September 10, 2006, 06:54:36 pm

Drawing that for my college's student newspaper.

It will be in french, but I put the text here in english for comprehensions' sake.
The text here is not hand pixeled, but will be in the final version. Think of it as a placeholder. (but itll be in french, so you wont understand it. MUHAHA)
What the text says isnt final either, I think I will shorten the narration a bit.

Am pondering wether I should throw in a gray color. Like some AA there and there, plus additionnal details. Not sure yet.

It is still at very early stages, so critics are highly appreciated! But comments are fine.
The only panels that are truly finished are the two first ones, minus the narration text and frame.
shlong

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Black and white comic [WIP]

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:43:16 pm
Am pondering wether I should throw in a gray color.

I vote no.

Nice comic. If it's going to print, you might have troubles with dithering and moire patterns. Just print it large and it should be ok. Keep it 1bit, I say.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:10:38 pm
Man that is quite awesome. When you showed your first WIP i could never have imagined it would be like this. I love the third frame, with the alien in the garbage can. Found it quite amusing seeing the drawings becoming scrappier and less developed as the alien started attacking. Can't wait to see it finished.

And yes, i think this needs the 1-bit feel to it.

Good luck with the rest.

Offline Frankiesmileshow

• blargh
    • View Profile
    • Frankie Smile Show

Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:02:11 pm
@Helm :
You mean like, if it was resized smaller, and the resizing took for instance one pixel out of two off the image, so all moires and other patterns would come out as big plain areas, or checkered patterns...
Well, I didnt have problems in the past with it; it always came out right so far. I think they leave them at 100% size.

And well, I think ill keep it 1 bit. Adding another tone would take too much time anyways, and the paper comes out this week...
shlong

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 10:53:05 pm
This is really cool, can't imagine doing something like this regularly, though I hope you do.