AuthorTopic: [AVA] Crimson King  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Mr. X

• indeed
    • View Profile
    • just my myspace, if you want to see who i really am.

[AVA] Crimson King

on: September 09, 2006, 11:06:45 pm
well, im new to pixelopolis, but i hope to become a grand pixelater  :)
until then, im a grand n00b. well, heres my first piece id like to throw into the pile.

its the firt piece ive ever done, actually.. its an avatar. ;D

heres another piece. i googled "the resdents" (a band i like) and found a very creepy picture. then i made this from the picture. it took almost an hour. i like it :D:D

well, ill start working on some more stuff.
go ahead and bash if you want
the only knowledge you will never use is the knowledge you will never know.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: [AVA] Crimson King

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:59:06 pm
heres another piece. i googled "the resdents" (a band i like) and found a very creepy picture. then i made this from the picture. it took almost an hour. i like it :D:D

found the google image, which so happens to be the exact image size as your 2bit version.  I went in and compared them in photoshop that it is an exact match meaning you either traced, or colour reduced.  I went and colour reduced the google image to discover that it is a pixel-perfect match to yours minus the slight revisions you made (such as making the background black).  This did not take you one hour, and took me no more than 5 minutes to reproduce.

evidence:

Anim with 2 second delay

this is your first warning
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 12:05:18 am by Indigo »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: [AVA] Crimson King

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 05:43:49 pm
Please don't make the users or moderators play detective on you. We are quite experienced with catching rippers, as we've had long, frustrating years of practise. Actively trying to decieve the userbase earns you an official warning. Earn two more and you're banned. You recieve a first strike on your record for this offense, and it would be good to make amends. Consider yourself lucky as this is a transitionary period for the community, and soon enough ripping with be a bannable offense without having to do it thrice. This thread is locked. If you desire to contest the call of the moderators, do it in private messages with either me or Indigo.

Reconsider your usage of the forum.

Thank you.