AuthorTopic: [WIP]Isometric pixel art  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Yinochi

• View Profile

[WIP]Isometric pixel art

on: September 23, 2015, 12:23:30 pm
Hello! This is my first time trying out isometric pixelling and I would like some feedback before I get to finish the piece and become unable to fix anything that might be wrong with it.
Here's the WIP:

Now,I know that the perspective is very distorted,but I didn't want to make the drawing too huge so I just kept it like that,hope it doesn't distract the viewer from the overall picture ;A;

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: [WIP]Isometric pixel art

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:26:10 pm
This is not isometric. It's got perspective, while isometric never has perspective. Not that it matters much, but hey, since you put it in the title and everything, I assumed you really wanted it to be isometric.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:30:41 pm

Offline Yinochi

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 12:34:49 pm
I've no idea how to mention someone in a comment(joined this site today) but thanks Gil,I should've made some better research before making myself look like a dumbass on the net xD

Offline Yinochi

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 12:37:03 pm
Thanks a lot lachrymose,that link is really helpful! :>

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 12:42:55 pm
I've no idea how to mention someone in a comment(joined this site today) but thanks Gil,I should've made some better research before making myself look like a dumbass on the net xD
Hey, the art looks really nifty, can't wait for you to finish it. It's just not isometric. There's this whole discussion on what isometric means and when it is actually planometric, bla bla bla. There's just one thing certain, if it's got vanishing points, it's not what people commonly call isometric pixel art.

If it were me, I'd do the next piece isometric and just finish this one in perspective :). Did you construct it by hand or did you use a tool like Sketchup?

Offline Yinochi

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 12:51:22 pm
Hey, the art looks really nifty, can't wait for you to finish it. It's just not isometric. There's this whole discussion on what isometric means and when it is actually planometric, bla bla bla. There's just one thing certain, if it's got vanishing points, it's not what people commonly call isometric pixel art.

If it were me, I'd do the next piece isometric and just finish this one in perspective :). Did you construct it by hand or did you use a tool like Sketchup?

Thanks man, I appreciate the nice words :> And I'll go with your advice,I'll finish this one and then try something truly isometric.
As for how I made it,I didn't use Sketchup(first time I've heard of it,looks pretty neat though). That's actually the reason why it looks a bit derpy in places,cause the perspective is not accurate enough //cries

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 06:49:03 pm
First of: I would love to see the finished piece
The only things I could comment is that the thing holding up the table in the front looks off (but maybe thats just me)

Oh and thank you Gil for posting the name of such a useful program here! I just looked into it and want to try it out as I get time :D
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]