AuthorTopic: 32x32 Sprite for sidescroller (ongoing, feedback requested)  (Read 5025 times)

Offline vvight

• View Profile

Re: 32x32 Sprite for sidescroller (ongoing, feedback requested)

Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:47 am
Thankyou all for your feedback and suggestions. In what ways could I improve the posture of this character so that he does not appear to be stiffly upright and running a marathon? How could I give the appearance of, eg, dashing adventurously through a ruined temple ready to engage the next foe? I will make the arms less linear, perhaps tilt the chest forward slightly. Could the head/neck be angled differently or repositioned?

Many regards.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:45:01 am by vvight »

Offline vvight

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 02:15:44 am

Feedback incorporated as best I could. I still haven't got to tilting the body or altering the pose yet, looking to get the arms right first. What do you think Decroded? Was this what you meant by your comment?
I'd love some feedback about the proportions. To me it seems like perhaps either the legs could be slightly lengthened or the torso shortened a pixel. They seem a little bit short in comparison to the arms, but it might just be that I've been working on this image too long and need a fresh perspective.

As always, many regards for your help and feedback.

Offline vvight

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 11:46:02 pm

Another iteration. Lengthened the legs and shifted/added a frame so it didn't look like his leg was in the air too long at the back. Made his feet plant more firmly on the grand upon landing and played with the arms a bit more. Which version do you think looks best so far? What would you change?

Cheers.

Edit: Found the legs a bit jerky on that last one, but will leave it there for posterity. Here is an improved version:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:51:47 pm by vvight »