AuthorTopic: Mario Pixel Art [WIP] [C&C]  (Read 2097 times)

Offline TMT

• View Profile

Mario Pixel Art [WIP] [C&C]

on: September 16, 2015, 11:50:59 pm

Working on a piece for a contest. This is still heavily a work in progress. I'm mainly looking for feedback on Bowser, and the general layout. Thanks!

Offline Julito98

• Saludos!
    • View Profile

Re: Mario Pixel Art [WIP] [C&C]

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:31:57 am

Working on a piece for a contest. This is still heavily a work in progress. I'm mainly looking for feedback on Bowser, and the general layout. Thanks!
Pretty good concept  ;D, one observation: the color of the cap tip mixes a little bit with the brick structure ahead.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:51:29 pm by Julito98 »

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Re: Mario Pixel Art [WIP] [C&C]

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 04:51:09 am
It's very hard to read, you need to separate the different elements.
The path Mario stands on is very busy and saturated, if you desaturate+lighten+shift toward blue it would compete with his body less. Then you can lighten+saturate the cap, give him an outline at least on bottom edges.
The color of the sky and the lighting in general makes it seem like they're in a room.
Bowser's back foot combines with that spike and the fact that it's darker colored, makes it not look like his foot at all. If the sun is the light source why wouldn't it be subject to the same lighting as his other limbs? I see nothing to cast a shadow on it. And I'd raise or lower it to separate it from that spike.