AuthorTopic: [Unpaid]Pixel Artist + Animator for local MP game about Orcs, Raptors and Polo!  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Benjamming

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

My partner and I are a pair of independent game developers in South Africa! Our current project is Raptor Polo, a silly local multiplayer game about orcs riding raptors, using each other as balls to play polo.

Prototype gameplay video

We're hoping to find a bad-ass artist and animator (if you're one or both, that's rad!) to collaborate with. We don't want you to sit in the corner making art, we want you to be an active influence in the game's direction and design, iterating on the art/animation/gameplay until we make something rad. We're particularly keen to work with students, but this is only if we can find any, so apply in any case! :)

The game has a lot of over-the-top-style and silliness:

The game already has quite a bit of momentum behind it. We exhibited the game at A MAZE./ Johannesburg 2015 ; at a series of experimental games parties in South Africa, alongside Broforce. The  original prototype came 136th at Ludum Dare 31.

You can find the Itch.Io page over here. There is a build of our prototype here!

We're hoping to polish up the game; add some silly content (commentators; multiple levels; different animation sets) and submit it to the Student IGF Awards. This is just a goal though, our plan is to submit the game to games festivals around the world and see where it goes!

Who are we though? I'm Ben, a prolific Ludum Dare jammer, and Cukia is the recent winner of A MAZE Johannesburg's first A MAZE award, for his game, Boxer

Job Info[/U]

-We're working towards the IGF Award submission deadline: October 26th. And after that, every festival deadline as it comes. :)

-Skill wise: Good sense of style and silliness.

-This is an unpaid job. If we get money anytime soon, we will pay you. It will also be profit-share if we commercialize the game.

-I've linked our previous work above, but you can digital-butt-sniff us on Twitter:
-Ben
-Cukia

Email me at ben.myres@hotmail.com for questions/applications :).

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:49:01 am by Benjamming »