AuthorTopic: [CLOSED] Pixel artist for character animation for a platform. Scope for more  (Read 2985 times)

Offline ocharles

• View Profile
Hi Pixelation!

I'm on the hunt for an artist to help animate a conceptual character so that we can realise him for use in a game. The character is this sneaky-lookin' ten-gallon-hat-sportin'... banana:

For a little more context, let me fill you in on my goals. This character is the mascot for a programming library called reactive-banana (https://github.com/HeinrichApfelmus/reactive-banana). reactive-banana is a library to enable a style of programming called "functional reactive programming", which is a little different from the perhaps traditional way of building interactive software. Not only that, it's a library for Haskell, which is far from the common choice when it comes to game programming! I'm a big fan of both Haskell and this library, so I'd like to put together a video series using it.

The video series will show me creating a platformer from scratch - adding a basics physics routine, collision detection, player movement, levels, etc. While I have no problem with the coding side, I'm a terrible artist and my time would be better spent focussing on the coding, hence looking for a paid artist to work with.

The project from my side is free and voluntary - I just want to give something back to the community. However, I do not expect you to work for free. It seems that $30/hr is about the going rate, but I'm happy to negotiate on this for the right artist.

There is scope for further work if things go well - as we'll obvious need items and a level tileset.

For more details on the project and exactly what this initial paid project would require, please drop me an email - I'm ollie@ocharles.org.uk. Please include a link to some past work you've done for character animation.

Look forward to hearing from you!
- Ollie
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:12:29 pm by ocharles »

Offline ocharles

• View Profile
Thank you to everyone who got in touch. I think I've enough potential artists to consider now, so I will be closing this.

Thanks once again, this seems like a great community!