AuthorTopic: How To Plant?  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Eli_Shane

• View Profile

How To Plant?

on: August 31, 2015, 12:22:38 pm
I'm wondering how to make pixel art plants. I've taken real world examples and spiced them up quite a bit, so my plants came out bright and bold. That was the plan. Here's a few, what can I do to make them better? Make them nicer? More plants? Examples? All the plants are meant to be alien type, but any type of plant is fine. The animations are WIP, so don't worry about them, just the pixel art. Thanks and goodbye!

Life is everything. Simple as that.

Offline IrresponsibleFreelancer

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Re: How To Plant?

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 06:00:09 pm
The plants that you are doing are moving far too much.  One major thing that i see wrong with it is that the plants themselves are changing.  A light/ idle wind wont cause i plant to completely change.  I think the reason that this is happening is because youre not doing quite a good job looping your animation.  I think the reason is your process, you seem to go from start to finish frame by frame and not refer back to the initial model. 

One other thing is that i kinda cant even tell what most of the plants are.  I see coral and a bush but the other ones have very confusing designs.

Good work so far but keep trying  :crazy:
I dont get it done, but when i do its not done.

Offline Eli_Shane

• View Profile

Re: How To Plant?

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 09:21:04 pm
The plants that you are doing are moving far too much.  One major thing that i see wrong with it is that the plants themselves are changing.  A light/ idle wind wont cause i plant to completely change.  I think the reason that this is happening is because youre not doing quite a good job looping your animation.  I think the reason is your process, you seem to go from start to finish frame by frame and not refer back to the initial model. 

One other thing is that i kinda cant even tell what most of the plants are.  I see coral and a bush but the other ones have very confusing designs.

Good work so far but keep trying  :crazy:
Oh, I'm not worried about the animation. The animations aren't done and that's not what I'm worried about at the moment. I only put this in Animation cause their animated gifs. LOL! Sorry for the confusion! And the plants are meant to be alien. :)
Life is everything. Simple as that.