AuthorTopic: [PAID] Reskin+ for a 2D Platformer Sprite Character Animation  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Daranus

• View Profile
Hi there!

My name is Flo and I need your services.

The game this work project is about is called Run or Die and already out on Steam. I will get straight to what I need because I don't really like talking about stuff that does not really matter :) (If you'd like to know more about the game or myself, take a look over here: http://runordiegame.com/press/ or here http://store.steampowered.com/app/325150)!

I will try to give you all the details of the job as good as possible so you know what it's all about:

Right now the game has 1 playable character which is a girl called Flow. The Sprite Frame size is 48x48 but the character itself is about 16x32ish. In total, there are about ~50 animation frames of her running, jumping and doing other things. What this Job is all about is pretty much a personal thing for me because it will just get released as a free update. There are 2 other Characters in the game which are already sprited, but not animated to be a playable character.

What I'd like to have is those 2 other characters playable as well. Basically as a reskin+ of the main character because I'd like the number of frames to be the same and the form fit function to be the same as well (effects happening around the characters will be reused and do not need to be done again.) There will be a few challenges along the way I bet because the Doc is a bit taller than Flow and might need to run with a bit of a hunchback (because the hitbox mustn't get bigger than 32 pixels high) but I am sure those things can all be sorted out in a smart way!

Those are the 3 base character sprites with Flow in the middle for size comparisons. Requirements from your side would be to be able to imagine and animate the Doc and Mr Rumples (the CatDog) properly in all the ways they need to be animated (especially important will be the run cycles, they need to look splendid!) which means ~100 animation frames total divided onto the 2 characters which are already pixeled. The quality should be at least on the same level as the animations of our main character.

If you are interested in the job, please feel free to send me an email over to team@runordiegame.com with your portfolio and a cost estimate for the job from you! In the past I already worked together with Cyangmou with no hiccups so I guess I am a rather reliable person to work with and I am sure Cyangmou would second that. That said, please only send an Email if are positive that you meet the requirements and are serious about the job!

I am looking forward to your Emails and have a nice day,
Flo

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Re: [PAID] Reskin+ for a 2D Platformer Sprite Character Animation

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:18:31 pm
I can only second that Flo is reliable and if it came to our business there haven't been any problems at all.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Dank

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 08:46:03 am
Is this about the level of quality you're looking for? He's doing like the same blue cannon as Flow.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:37:30 am by Dank »

Offline Daranus

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 07:05:15 pm
Hi there!

Thank you very much to every single one of you who took the time to email us! We found a capable artist to work with who is on tryouts now!

Hello Sir Dank, thank you for your enthusiasm but we've already got an artist!

Have a nice day,
Flo