AuthorTopic: Help on animation[Walking]  (Read 2213 times)

Offline (BYOND)Hebrons

• View Profile

Help on animation[Walking]

on: August 20, 2015, 07:23:17 pm
help on animation please client said its very stiff idk how to turn it into a video clip so posting it like this:

please help thank you  :)
An Wise Man once said Dont Start what you Cant Pixel !

Offline BatElite

• View Profile

Re: Help on animation[Walking]

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:45:38 pm

I hope that's the correct animation. There's one stray light pixel, but it's the same colour as the site's background.

As far as the animation goes, the most obvious problem is that the thighs and upper arms do not move. You can reduce further stiffness by animating the tail and head.
Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Help on animation[Walking]

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 10:43:04 pm
This is not really an animation, you just moved the legs around a bit. You need key frames, motion, anatomic correctness, etc. There's no shortcuts here.

In terms of what's next, I think weight is probably the most important thing. Try animating the upper legs so it looks like weight is shifting as the beast moves. Walking on four legs is all about redistributing weight so you can move a certain limb. As long as there's weight on a limb, you can't move it, so you shift it to the other limbs first. There's also a fundamental flaw in that I don't think hogs move two legs on the same side at the same time (no animal does afaik). You want to study some animation from real animals and maybe some old Disney stuff to get this right.