AuthorTopic: [C+C] Genos  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

[C+C] Genos

on: August 08, 2015, 10:05:11 pm

Image refrence:

GIF of the making

Offline tzm

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Genos

Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:25:17 am
Nice!

Clear improvement from your other posts.
I would only suggest to thin the forearm a bit, close to the wrist.

And also, whats up with green?

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 02:31:04 am
Yes, this is a huge improvement.  I think that you should work on where the arms connect to the shirt.

I kind of like the green, it gives him a zombie look.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:46:59 am
This was originally aimed at the first post, but now I get that this is probably going to be a series/lineup and most of this still applies.

Real talk, don't look at the details, look at the big picture. Where the arms connect to the shirt, size of the forearm, that kind of thing is worth consideration but that big picture needs to be the first priority.

(Those proportions are basically the manga's, but here it looks like you're using bigger heads, so ignore that aspect)

Look at what Capcom or SNK does with the proportions and stances of their characters, and of course your source manga.
A lot less character is spared and a lot more is exaggerated, and instead of on close inspection you can see it in a second. In a nutshell that's basically what this needs.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:11:16 am by pistachio »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:21:00 am
Dnilb, you should study Pistachio's versions thoroughly. For example, note the conflict created between hips and shoulders in the first one, I talked about this in the other thread, great way to create tension. Also note how powerful the stances are. These guys yell power, yours is a bit too default. The reference of the new one seems a bit weak to start with, so taking it over so verbatim does not seem smart.

Great improvements though, keep pushing your limits, you'll get there.

Offline IrresponsibleFreelancer

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 05:51:09 pm
This looks much better than where you began only like a week or two ago.  There are still some slight issues with the piece that not only have ot do with faithfulness to character but also with the proportions of the character.  Genos is pretty buff but he still has the popular comic book look of wide chest with tapered hips.  This will most likely be a common appearance in the One Punch Man series due to the fact that it deals with superheroes.  Because OPM is a manga there is a common style that you could have changed your image to replicate but also remain faithful to your own style.  The legs of genos are much longer because he needs to have some serious height in order to appear superior to other characters.  Another thing is the skin colour as well as the colour of his arms.  His skin isnt green, the end.  His arms are missing the red stripes and in places on the shoulders and around the bands dont look circular or like they are a smaller circle on the larger ball.  Finally his hair is pretty damn tough with so few pixels.  I tried my best and still couldnt get it but you should still like previous posts have said focus on the larger shapes (squinting helps) then proceed to the small details, dont over detail though because then it can just look like noise like with the hair.  I tried pretty good to do a good edit of genos but it was actually surprisingly tough to get all his little details in there at the resolution.  I mainly just tried to fix proportion and colouring but hopefully there is something to learn from it.  I didnt add enough contrast but i was working quick so i only noticed after.
Edit:

*Note:  I also have two recommendations for you.  The first is next to try S class tank top master to learn more about muscles and proportion.  The second is if you are gonna continue to do One Punch man inspired art to make a seperate topic.  Just suggestions do as you please.
**Note:Note: If you wanna become a master just do 100 push-ups, 100 situps and 100 squats everyday for 10 years.
I dont get it done, but when i do its not done.

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 06:38:26 pm
Update:

Tbh I think he looks cooler with the hair colors of second refrence image.

@IrresponsibleFreelancer
You forgot 1 part :P

Offline IrresponsibleFreelancer

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 06:43:05 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Im sorry im a failure.  Gah alright well nonetheless you know the drill. :crazy:
I dont get it done, but when i do its not done.

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 07:05:42 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Im sorry im a failure.  Gah alright well nonetheless you know the drill. :crazy:

See, thats why you dind't become bald, you didn't run 10 KM every day.