AuthorTopic: [C+C] Girl Running  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: [C+C] Girl Running

Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 06:22:29 am
Awesome progress!  :y:
8 Frames looks so much better.

I still get confused by the line on her stomach, it's too similar to the shape of the arm.

Offline LisandraTD

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 07:11:53 pm
I don't know..
Wasn't she supposed to be looking in front as she runs? But I like it this way too. My brain can't decide!1  :huh:
And gratz on the arms and legs animation, I really like it /o/

Offline Gamut

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 07:26:06 pm
More cleanup work. At some point, I think I might expand this animation from 6 to 12 frames--but right now, doing that many tween frames is out of my reach. As much as I'd like to do 8 frames, trying to fit in 2 tween frames ends up making the animation look very snappy rather than smooth.

If anyone has any tips on the hair, please let me know. For now, though, I'll be working on the idle animation. Thanks!

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 01:51:00 pm
Here's my not very polished edit. :crazy:

Problem you need to fix in mu opinion is avoiding body parts showing in exactly the same place in "parallel frames" like 1-4, 2-5 and 3-6 cause it gives some stiffness to animation. Also with small amount of frames you need to try to give joints like ankle some at least small movement in different positions. Hope that this is helpful. :)

Offline Gamut

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 05:16:43 pm
Thanks a bunch for the edit, HarveyDentMustDie!

I'd prefer for the animation to not be too jaunty since it'll be used in a casually paced platformer. With that said, I went ahead and integrated the head turning into my latest revision. This way, the perspective stays consistent and the sprite looks a lot smoother.

Still working on that idle animation, but I'm having trouble making the arms not look like noodles. Any tips? Here's a rough draft.