AuthorTopic: what is the best tool for pixelation?  (Read 25389 times)

Offline PK Mays

• Formerly blu_munkee
    • View Profile

Re: what is the best tool for pixelation?

Reply #40 on: October 01, 2005, 08:03:45 am
And about the GGale developers not being open to feature requests, I think it might have something to do with them not being the original developers. Several months ago the ownership changed hands to some asian guys, and looking at their change log, it seems like they might not be interested in adding on to it, instead simply finetuning the existing features.

Yeah, the program was being developed by a company called Tempest, but they were also quite Asian, as evidenced from the old help files (Engrish abounded). You can still see "TEMP" written behind the running guy in the GraghicsGale icon. I never sent any suggestions to the old team, but I know a guy who also registered it, and he got several requested features implemented, despite the language barrier.

I've used several programs, and it's clear to me now that there is no "the best program", only "your best program." I use GraphicsGale because it is cheap (30 bucks), isn't big and bloated with useless features, and is very flexible. You can put your toolbars anywhere, you can assign hotkeys to anything. Frames, layers, palettes, batch processing. I've been wanting to try and possibly buy Pro Motion for years now, $100 is definately in my price range, but I've never taken the time to learn the interface because I'd just rather keep using Gale, which uses MY interface.

My suggestion is to try anything and everything. Somebody out there wrote a program just for you, whether it be Photoshop or MS Paint.

Offline blackthirteen

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: October 09, 2005, 03:59:10 am
I have another important question relating to Photoshop.

Is it possible to copy/paste the content of many layers at once? For instance, I've created a tiled scene (for a game I'm working on) and I would like to repeat the pattern without merging all the layers.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #42 on: October 09, 2005, 04:49:14 am
select what you want to copy, then hold shift+ctrl+c to copy all which is visible (check that eye icon next to the current layer selected to make sure you have a visible layer selected because wont work if you are on an invisible layer), then hold ctrl+v to paste what was selected as a new layer.

Offline blackthirteen

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: October 09, 2005, 05:02:54 am
Thanks but it is possible to copy all the stuff and let them stay in all their respective layers?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #44 on: October 09, 2005, 07:05:25 pm
like duplicate each of the layers, but only what is selected?
I dunno, but I do know you can create a layer set (goto Layer then New then Layer Set..)
Then create the new layers in your set of the area you want to repeat (so you have the layers you want to duplicate all at once).
then you can either right click on the Layer Set and duplicate it, and you'll be duplicating all the layers in it into a new layer set.
You can move the layer set into a new document by dragging it into the document with the arrow tool..
its pretty self explanitory once you try it out, or whatever.. heh

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #45 on: October 11, 2005, 05:43:12 pm
Pro Motion's the one for me! (and all handheld devs I've worked for)

- Adam

Offline blackthirteen

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: November 03, 2005, 10:42:59 pm
I have another question relating to Photoshop 7.

Lately I noticed that it was possible to drag and copy the whole content of a Layer Set. I’m happy of this discovery because it could greatly satisfy my needs. Unfortunately when I’m dragging and copying the content of a Layer Set it creates an entirely new Layer Set. What I really want is copying the content of the Layer Set inside the same Layer Set.  Anyone know how I can do this?