AuthorTopic: Tilesets  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Oceans Dream

• Sabrina!
    • View Profile

Tilesets

on: September 01, 2006, 06:28:32 am
Hi, I'm new here. I've been working on tilesets for a project, so I figured I'd show some of what I have done. Critiques and feedback welcome, I know there's some things that I could fix.

This is a Forest area.

Snowy Mountains.

Let me know what you think of them!

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Re: Tilesets

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 08:57:00 am
Hmmmmm, these are pretty good.

I only have a few crits/comments;
1) In the Forest Area, the water looks a lot like the grass, just a different colour. You should try to make this more uniqe.
2) With all of your tiles, they still seem a bit gridd-y. You've done pretty well there, but there is still room for improvement ;)
3) The trees in the Forest Area also look like they aren't really rooted into the ground. At the moment, it looks like they have just been put there. Maybe adding a little bit of dirt around the base of the tree could help? Just fiddle with it and see what works/what doesn't.

That's all from me! Keep up the pixelwork!

-Krizmo
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline Oceans Dream

• Sabrina!
    • View Profile

Re: Tilesets

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:20:34 pm
Okay, thanks!

Quote from: Krizmo
I only have a few crits/comments;
1) In the Forest Area, the water looks a lot like the grass, just a different colour. You should try to make this more uniqe.
2) With all of your tiles, they still seem a bit gridd-y. You've done pretty well there, but there is still room for improvement Wink
3) The trees in the Forest Area also look like they aren't really rooted into the ground. At the moment, it looks like they have just been put there. Maybe adding a little bit of dirt around the base of the tree could help? Just fiddle with it and see what works/what doesn't.
1) I never based the water on the grass, and it's not a recolor. I'll see what I can do to fix it, though.
2) Yeah, I notice. Evil patterns! I'll fix it up.
3) The palm trees are also meant to work in the sand, but for that I can just have 2 roots, one for grass and one for sand so I can blend them into the tiles better. Good idea though, didn't think of that.