AuthorTopic: Classic 8-bit RPG: Looking for Artist  (Read 2094 times)

Offline tfgust

• View Profile

Classic 8-bit RPG: Looking for Artist

on: July 23, 2015, 08:24:54 pm
Hi!

Briefly About the Game
I am working on a classic 8-bit style RPG for Android/iPhone.  I have one artist and a sound designer already on board with the project.  We are using the same game engine that was used to create the highly successful Gurk RPG for mobile devices, and in gameplay our game will be very similar to Gurk III, but the plot/artistic vision is quite different.

The player starts out in a dystopian, futuristic world that is undergoing a zombie apocalypse.  He/she must fight against a group of radicals who plan to cleanse the planet of the zombies with nuclear weapons.  At a crucial point in the game, it is revealed to the player that he is the last in an ancient dynasty of sorcerers and he is suddenly teleported 7000 years into the past to annihilate the evil (which produced the zombies) at its source.  So it turns into a kind of epic, random medieval quest.

How You Can Help! xD xD
We are looking for someone who would like to help bring our game to life with some super simple 8 bit graphics!  Almost every single aspect of this game will be made of 16x16 sprites, most of which are non-animated.  Of course, we are also looking for people who would like to help develop rich lore and legends to create an intricate story/theme for the game!  We are hoping to finish the game by the end of the year.  Please email me at tfguss@gmail.com if you are interested.  Thanks! ^.^

A preview of the GUI for our game's battles, based on Gurk