AuthorTopic: I have a few general forum questions that I don't think is covered in the FAQ(s)  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Uhfgood

• View Profile
Well I've been a member for a little while, but only recently posted some work for my game, but I have a few questions about posting.

So firstly do I have to post animations in the animation section or is it ok to post in the pixel art section?  What about the other way around?

I've been using my drop box to post images, however I recently found out a friend couldn't access the images because their company blocks dropbox.  Would it be better to post it on something like imgur?

Would it be helpful to organize multiple pieces onto one sheet and post that larger sheet in the forums?

Thanks for your time.
Keith Weatherby II

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage
Hello and welcome  ;D

So firstly do I have to post animations in the animation section or is it ok to post in the pixel art section?  What about the other way around?

Unless your thread don't has a very specific animation question it's ok to post in either section.

I've been using my drop box to post images, however I recently found out a friend couldn't access the images because their company blocks dropbox.  Would it be better to post it on something like imgur?

Imgur is bad since it deletes pictures after a while and the thread gets unusable. Use an imagehoster of your choice which keeps the images.

Would it be helpful to organize multiple pieces onto one sheet and post that larger sheet in the forums?

Generally "dumps" of artwork tend to not get a lot of attention. We can help you with specific questions.
The clearer you are with stating your problem the more help you will get.
If you have very general preoblem look up our thread archive here:
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=2076.msg161933#msg161933
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Uhfgood

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply.  While technically it could be called an image dump I'm thinking more a long the lines of consolidating a bunch of pieces of artwork that I posted in a thread so that I don't have so many loose files around.

But I understand.  I do actually have a webhost for my blog that I can put images on that won't be going away any time soon, I might start using it, but drop box is so much more convenient.

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile
Imgur is bad since it deletes pictures after a while and the thread gets unusable. Use an imagehoster of your choice which keeps the images.

That may have once been the case, but I looked it up and according to this, they keep them forever.
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline Parkerbaby

• View Profile
Yes, I've also been under the impression they're not deleted unless they are particularly offensive--which of course wouldn't be the case.