AuthorTopic: First time animating, help with fighting stance and running...  (Read 3709 times)

Offline LeuxTheory

• View Profile
Hey I'm working on the pixel art for the platformer me and my friend are making. Currently I'm just making the sprites and i was wondering if you guys could please help me out. Btw i used GraphicsGale to create this... Any tips or advice? I'm struggling with making the fighting stance and running animation and I want it to look smooth. This is my character so far and thanks for helping me out!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:55:50 pm by LeuxTheory »

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile
Without you posting the actual animated sprites. The best advice I can give you is to look through these forums at other peoples animations.
Study what they did and how they did it.
Try animating for yourself, even if its terrible, then post it here for use to critique and give pointers.

Offline LeuxTheory

• View Profile
Yea....I've had such a struggle trying out to make the animations  :yell:

I seriously need help making the run animation  :'(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:46:22 am by LeuxTheory »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
We can't help you if you don't post some art first. That's how it works around here.

Offline japie81

• View Profile
Try looking up some examples of walk (run) cycles so you know what key frames to use. I usually start by drawing a stick figure and make sure the movement looks smooth, then work from there.

this is a good reference for a walking animtion imho, but running uses different frames (both feet will be off the ground at some point)

perhaps something like this
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:37:16 am by japie81 »