AuthorTopic: [PAID] Looking for an artist for a card game  (Read 3758 times)

Offline OGAGamesHeath

• View Profile

[PAID] Looking for an artist for a card game

on: July 10, 2015, 01:07:33 am
Good day all!

My name is Heath Hudnall and I work for OGA Games.  We are currently in production on a new card game called Cardstock Chaos, and we'd like to hire a pixel artist to help us out.  We are looking specifically for appx. 130 unique images to match the cards used in game.  We also need box art.

This job will need some creativity.  Some of the images will be pretty clear cut (i.e. a barbarian, a dragon, a zombie, etc.) but others will be more conceptual in nature.  For example, we have spell cards and rule cards in the game that will require an image that portrays the idea of the card rather than a character.  The overall feel of the game is pretty whimsical and fun, with the point being to call upon several memes and nerd culture as needed.

Obviously, the artist will have a lot of creative freedom.  We are specifically looking for more of an 8-bit/retro game look, so each image will be smaller (appx. 2" X 2" finish size).

Price is negotiable but we are on a budget and would like to spend no more than $500, payable upon satisfactory receipt.  If you contact us for the job we will need some examples of your work and an estimated time of delivery.

The artist hired will also receive a free first edition copy of the completed game and may be considered again for future games.

Please contact me, Heath Hudnall, at jokerillusions@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thank you!

Offline kullenberg

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] Looking for an artist for a card game

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 03:00:08 pm
So just shy of 4 bucks per illustration, including box art? Okay cool...

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:46:44 pm
4$ for an illustration is really low. I doubt you'll gey many offers from artists at this rate (talented ones anyway).

I think you should re-think your budget accordingly.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 11:59:04 pm
the paid work section of this forum is for actually "paid work"
while 500$ indeed can be a lot, for the amount of content you are looking for it's in the price range of licensed stockart, but not on a level any professional artist would work for.

If you are unfamiliar with the prices, please read this topic:
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=16239.msg147486#msg147486

Either reconsider your payment structure that the offer is an actually fairly "paid job" fitting to the standard rates, or the moderators will move this in the unpaid works section.

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline OGAGamesHeath

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 03:04:12 am
Thanks so much for your encouraging posts, but I knew the post was a long shot with our small budget.  Coincidentally, we found a fantastic artist willing to work within our price range whose style matches what we're looking for.  Ye of little faith.

Seeing as we have hired someone, this thread can be closed/locked/etc.

Offline DaLk

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 08:23:23 am
well... if the fantastic artist doesn't die of starvation in the meantime ;)

More seriously, I'm curious to see the outcome.