AuthorTopic: LD32 entry gone wild: ' In Your Arms' animation  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

LD32 entry gone wild: ' In Your Arms' animation

on: July 09, 2015, 06:02:16 am
Yo!

I nabbed myself a programmer for the latest Ludumdare ( 32) with the theme of " Unconventional Weapon".  You can view our entry here:

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-32/?action=preview&uid=50820

So much to say about the development journey; of course this version is just about the minimum viable product ( even less really) but we thought it had potential, as did some of the very kind users who played and rated it! Thus we've decided to pursue a full release for it ( I know, I know, I'll finish something this time; really!)

Below are some of the rough and dirty animations I created for it. I find the character quite charming, and don't feel the need to change much more about her, but I would greatly appreciate critique and suggestions on how to tear these animations apart and remake them much better. I will also post new animations as I create them.

idle:

run:

attack:

Here's a work in progress idle for a boss to be included in a gameplay demo we are working to release:

Thanks for viewing  :crazy:

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Re: LD32 entry gone wild: ' In Your Arms' animation

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 12:38:25 pm
For the running animations, aside from the side running animation why do the others not have the head bob?

Offline NowvaB

• View Profile
    • Tumblr

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 06:32:39 am
When I see unity and pixel art together all I think is scaling issues :blind:

as for the sprites all it really needs at this point is just some cleanup stuff you were probably already going to do.
but i'll just list some things that caught my eye.
- sword perspective is off and shape is inconsistent
- skirt is sometimes floppy
- head bob? (could not play the game, dropbox gave me error so I don't know what it looks like)
- no weight to the sword except for attack, but once again I don't know how it goes in the game.
- no twist in the hip but that is a skirt issues probably
- in the mood to animate feathers?

other than the animation the character is pretty boring. maybe some sort of headdress or something would spruce it up.

Thus we've decided to pursue a full release for it ( I know, I know, I'll finish something this time; really!)
pppffffffffffft...(no i kid)
good luck!

Offline Phoenix849

• olegklishinart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/45959.htm
    • View Profile
    • olegklishin.com

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 07:07:00 pm
Front a back running animations look like she's gonna chop her head off. I'd make them more like side-running one.
Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com