AuthorTopic: Forum Avatar [C&C][WIP]  (Read 1834 times)

Offline TMT

• View Profile

Forum Avatar [C&C][WIP]

on: September 13, 2015, 03:55:55 am
This is my first attempt at making a forum avatar. Not 100% satisfied with it yet. Thoughts?

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Re: Forum Avatar [C&C][WIP]

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 07:24:59 am
Use dither judiciously, as it is now it's just making your image noisy. I can see that you'd want to show the texture of fur, and only a few patches of dither in the right spots will do just that.
Shading on the monocle doesn't correspond to anything. I would redo that, using the colors from the dog since it's clear, I would not use black for the cord, and the cord is supposed to extend to a point on one's outfit. In this case the only likely candidate would be the tie. You could extend the cord to the tie with a path that accentuates the contour of the face.
Shadow under the chin and at the snout would better define it and help push it out into space, as it currently lacks depth. What reference are you using?
I question whether the frame/background is contributing or not.

What were your own objections?

Offline TMT

• View Profile

Re: Forum Avatar [C&C][WIP]

Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 04:07:52 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I got rid of most of the dithering causing the noise, and added some depth. Not sure if I got what you meant by patches of dithering making a fur texture, but I tried.

This is my reference: