AuthorTopic: [WIP] Mad Max: Rise of Furiosa mockup  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Phoenix849

• olegklishinart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/45959.htm
    • View Profile
    • olegklishin.com

[WIP] Mad Max: Rise of Furiosa mockup

on: June 21, 2015, 09:44:28 pm

Was making this for a small russian pixel art competition. Deadline was today, so I call this version 1.0. But there are tons of things I don't like, so I'll continue working on it from time to time. I plan clouds, forward (dark) ground detailing, refining characters, new ladder, palette corrections and many other things. Meanwhile some feedback would be great. I've stared into this fo far too long already.

Cyangmou also offered to use running pose for Furiosa, but I'm pretty bad with this, will se how it goes. A bit tired of this piece overral.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:47:52 pm by Phoenix849 »
Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Mad Max: Rise of Furiosa mockup

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 12:02:15 pm
I like ur background rocks theyre nice except the consistent single row of dithering looks weird.
front rocks remind me of henk neiborg which is good but ur probably aware the darker section has resulted in a bunch of loose cubes.
also rocks up front don't meld with background.

I'm mainly concerned with the rocks lol since its something i've been working on too (wish I had time to work on it!).

Offline Phoenix849

• olegklishinart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/45959.htm
    • View Profile
    • olegklishin.com

Re: [WIP] Mad Max: Rise of Furiosa mockup

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 06:57:03 pm
I like ur background rocks theyre nice except the consistent single row of dithering looks weird.
front rocks remind me of henk neiborg which is good but ur probably aware the darker section has resulted in a bunch of loose cubes.
also rocks up front don't meld with background.

I'm mainly concerned with the rocks lol since its something i've been working on too (wish I had time to work on it!).
It all started with Henk Nieborg rock study for Pixel dailies on twitter. Most people liked it, and then I thought I could make a Mad Max mockup from it, because Mad Max is like the perfect movie for me. Then it all rolled from there.

I agree that dithering looks weird in some places. Maybe I should make another pass and get rid of it. Wasted so much time already on those bg rocks.

Black stuff up fornt is intended to be junk like barrels, tires and what not. But I didn't have time to add details yet. Not sure about lightning either, or what do you mean about "melding with background".

I've seen your rocky mockup, it just looks gorgeous. I can't match anything like that in quality yet.
Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com