AuthorTopic: [C+C] [Wip] Sci Fi RPG-Map  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Anzug

• View Profile

[C+C] [Wip] Sci Fi RPG-Map

on: July 08, 2015, 10:37:47 am
Hi,
I'm working on Graphics for a Sci Fi RPG. This is a cutting from The first Map.
The Houses are very inspired by Pokemon. I want to change them later. And overal the town is to borring, but I have plans for more details.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:40:16 am by Anzug »

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] [Wip] Sci Fi RPG-Map

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 12:14:44 pm
Im not going to go in much details, so im going to complain about a single thing.

Where is the lightning? i don't get why the houses are surrounded for a mini eternal darkness.

Offline Anzug

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:12 pm
Oh... good point  ;D

These are just shadows to ground the objekts... the real shadows come afterwards with the engine.

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 01:10:23 pm

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:20:12 pm by CelioHogane »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:08 pm
I'm afraid your road is too symmetric. It loses all sense of volume and now looks like a half-pipe seen from above.

I note that you're breaking your perspective with the lamps (spheres should turn to ellipses, afaik), pipes, and the lone antenna on the centric house.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 01:32:43 am
spheres should turn to ellipses, afaik
A sphere is a perfect circle from any angle.
That's why the sun never turns flat.
Its probably its the only shape that never changes.

Antenna not necessarily broken perspective it might not be shaped like a TV aerial.

Obvious broken perspective are the tops of the bottles, the rings around the pipes (just the vertical ones).
They should be elliptical.

Without seeing engine lighting its hard to comment on light source but it would have to be pretty complex to handle all these shapes properly.
IMO it would be better to have the light from overhead and towards so it slightly lighting the front of objects and allows for highlighting on the edges of vertical and horizontal planes.
Some offset to one side also makes better shading opportunities to describe forms.

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 08:33:40 pm
Hey I like your pixeling so far but I don't get a Sci Fi feel from this scene at all. I know you mentioned it already but it looks very very Pokemon like, not Sci Fi at all. I get a basic town feel from what you've created so far. Maybe a poor town, mud huts sort of feel.

I agree with Pypebros regarding the roads not quite looking like roads. Add some cracks, dividing lines, etc to really sell it as road.