AuthorTopic: [UNPAID] looking for pixel artist for Android game for kids  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Renlore

• View Profile
Dear Artists,

I am developing an Android game for kids. It is a game where there are balloons with alphabets floating by and a little character is throwing pebbles to pop the balloons in order to form words.

My intend is for this game to be free since it's such a small game. I am primarily developing this game as a learning journey into game development hence the unpaid tag. While it is tagged unpaid I am open to help where a small payment is needed if the work is of significant quality, do approach.

Going on to what I need.

Needed
1. A little character with animation frames of a throwing action where it is throwing a peddle into the sky. I have attached my own attempts to draw this character. You could follow up on the character or come up with your own design if it is preferred. The frames should include the character facing in either directions.

2. Balloons with alphabets A-Z. Preferably with some frame where I could animate the balloon slightly

Optional
3. Clouds

4. Background/ground etc.

I have attached a gimp xcf file where my own drawing can be found. I look forward to working with any of you guys.

Thanks.

And the gimp xcf file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10259649/wordnet.xcf

Offline kija07

• View Profile

Re: [UNPAID] looking for pixel artist for Android game for kids

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:21:17 am
Hi, i can help you with that ^_^ i am still a newb, and am gathering an experience but can i ask what's the size of the assets? experience ^_^

Offline Renlore

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 05:47:00 pm
Hi there,

it would like interesting to work with you. This is what I have at the moment. I drew some placeholder graphics for the game as shown below.

Game description

Game title: Learn a word!
(That's the best I could thing of haha.)

As explained in the below imagine, balloons with alphabets will fly in form the left and right at varying speed. The character would have to catch the balloons to form words which would give a score.

There are various ways to score as described below:
  • Forming words in exact order - most points
  • Forming words but letters are not in order
  • Caught 4 of the same letters consecutively
  • Caught 3 of the same letters consecutively - least points

Specifications

The background asset size is 800 x 480 pixels.

The balloons asset size is 40 x 60 pixels.
(My drawing is kind of grainy and awkward and the letters might not be clear enough? I was hoping someone could draw a better one. A couple of frames for the balloons to look animated would be nice too.)

The character asset size is 50 x 50 pixels.
(the intended character is to be a little cute frog using its tongue to catch the balloons. Now it is just a placeholder cannon I drew myself that shoots nets. Similarly a couple of frames to make the character animated in its action of catching the balloons would be nice.)

The net asset is 60 x 60 pixels.
(if it is a frog that this would be the tip of its tongue that adheres to the balloons. )

Upon scoring I would have different types of animation(asset size 800 x 350 space) as sketched below:
  • Triple - for getting 3 consecutive letters of the same kind
  • Four of a kind - for getting 4 consecutive letters of the same kind
  • Strike - for getting a word in order
  • Jumble - for getting a word without letters in order

I need an introduction screen showing the game title I currently do not have (like a menu screen?) 800 x 480

The asset sizes are just a guideline they can be changed to suit the art. The only fixed thing is the screen is sized at 800 x 480(this aspect ratio. I can and will scale the graphics to suit different devices screen sizes).

I have the gimp xcf file that I could send you for reference?

I'm a first time game developer so if you or anyone else has any comment on how I should handle the graphics better or what I might be doing wrong, it would be appreciated.

If you want we could talk more over email. Just pm me your email address.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:49:12 pm by Renlore »

Offline kija07

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 04:51:07 am
I sent you my email :))