AuthorTopic: [WIP][C&C] First attempt at pixel art  (Read 8809 times)

Offline cbamf

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: [WIP][C&C] First attempt at pixel art

Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 03:26:24 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys, this is the kind of stuff I am looking for :)

I'll work towards consolidating the lighting direction on all of the assets and I'll do more work to make the tree a little more interesting in terms of silhouette and trunk shading.

That first offset lighting tree reference is perfect for me Decroded and what you said about the leaf rendering is true; I was searching for a lot of actual pixel art reference and a lot of them do render the leaves individually rather than using noise/dithering, I'll see if I can find a compromise that is consistent with the approach I took to make everything else.

You guys have been very helpful to this newcomer, I'll be sure to post updates when I feel I have made a reasonable amount of progress with these pieces.

Cheers,

Cory.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 02:57:02 am
Cyangmou always offers good advice (u should trawl his post history under his profile!).
I was going to mention the design side of things but was a bit worried you'd become overloaded with handling all that at once.
Maybe you can handle all that but if not, IMO there is nothing wrong with your original vertical tree especially when starting out, if you'd rather just get on with fixing it rather than starting from scratch.

Good luck!  :n:

EDIT: oh dear I meant to give u a thumbs up not a thumbs down. So here it is  :y:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:48:22 pm by Decroded »

Offline cbamf

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 11:09:48 am
Fire away Decroded, I'm used to lists of fixes longer than my arm. Be as pedantic or brutally honest as you like I just want as much feedback as you kind forum goers can offer :D

On another note I will be stalking all of you and using your discussions to fuel my own improvement.

Thanks,

Cory.