AuthorTopic: It's A Disaster! 8bit survival simulation  (Read 2794 times)

Offline WolfBeaumont

• View Profile

It's A Disaster! 8bit survival simulation

on: June 08, 2015, 10:45:35 am
It's A Disaster! follows in the vein of games like 'The Escapists' & the silver age of Hollywood movies like 'The Towering Inferno' & 'The Poseidon Adventure'. Players must navigate through a disaster scenario and ultimately escape. Each level is an 8bit pixel isometric scenario and the players must search for ways to get free. But as they move through the game, the disaster grows in scale, making going backwards a harder and harder task. Players must also choose whether or not to help NPC's they encounter and lead them to safety as well. The game comes with a simple crafting system to help overcome obstacles and solve various puzzle elements. Each story is unique thanks to the characters you work with and the experiences you all have together. The focus of the game's design is on replayability and high-octane fun.

Each scenario gives a score at the end, factoring time taken vs survivors saved. There are currently 2 scenarios planned, with more addable later, if the game proves successful after release on Steam. The goal is to keep the game small and finish it by the end of 2015.

Team Structure
Wolf Beaumont - Game Designer
Victor Valdez - Game Developer 
Håkan Edling - Sound Designer

Talent Needed
Pixel Artist & Animator ( 8bit assets including tilesets, items & sprites)

Payment
Profit-Sharing - 25% to each team member. Given this is a hobbyist project, this is the only type of payment available. Though a Kickstarter is an available option if all team members desire. I've run 2 successful comic kickstarters in the past so I do have experience.

Additional Information
A link to the GDD is below. I've removed all scenario material, leaving only general gameplay documentation. That's all I want to share here. I'm still working on a half dozen small gameplay sub-headings for the general documentation that haven't been implemented yet, but it's mostly finished as a draft.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QcdaZXmgUlRAN1crUiG7UwqvCLYTpQ8FZakqZZwgJ0I/pub

Also all gameplay features so far have only accounted for one scenario type, further scenarios will expand content and features.

If you are interested, please include a link to your art portfolio (8bit art). Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:25:34 am by WolfBeaumont »

Offline WolfBeaumont

• View Profile

Re: It's A Disaster! 8bit survival simulation

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:42:46 am
The Sound Designer on our team is also a Developer with 15 years experience, and is ready to start building the game the moment an artist joins us. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you are curious.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:11:04 am by WolfBeaumont »

Offline WolfBeaumont

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:26:05 am
We now how our game developer. We are all set to go, once we get a pixel artist on board. We will be using placeholder art in the meantime.

Offline grigoreen

• Pixel art chameleon
    • grigoreen
    • grigoreen.tumblr.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio site

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 02:22:33 pm
Hello!

I would be interested in joining your project. You can see my post here http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=15750.0

If you are interested drop me a message.

Thanks.