AuthorTopic: [C & C] Sun and Moon  (Read 3872 times)

Offline sonicspin

• no
    • View Profile

[C & C] Sun and Moon

on: June 01, 2015, 10:35:01 pm
x
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:48:11 pm by sonicspin »

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Re: [C & C] Sun and Moon

Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:46:09 am
I really like the texture on the sun.

It is not clear to me the compositional connection between the sun/moon and girls.  Is the sun girl in front of the sun, or is it a hat that she is wearing?  When I look at the moon that rules out the hat interpretation, but I still don't really get the picture.  They seem to be sun/moon spirits or something, but the way that the image is structured is confusing.

Offline sonicspin

• no
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:42:01 pm
x
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:48:16 pm by sonicspin »

Offline hapiel

• PJ mod
    • hapiel
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9092.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 08:33:12 am
Nope. Now it looks even more like her hair is separate from the sun (like the moon girl), but her hair has such an impossible flat back side that it remains very weird....
If you want them to be separate you just need to change the backside, the white outline is nice but not neccesary.

Also, both girls have a too large left leg, and sun girl perhaps a too small right leg.

Watch out with straight lines. Pixel perfect straight lines are the coolest, but they don't always work and give weird angles/corners (arms of both characters could be less blocky for example)

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 08:48:15 pm
My confusion is about the placement of the sun compared to the girl.  Why is it only behind her head?  Why isn't it behind her entire body?  I'm not saying that you should put it behind her entire body; maybe there is a way that you can clarify why such a powerful thing as the sun is so small.  Cuteness = small, power = big.  The sun is powerful and the girl is cute, so it makes sense that the sun would be bigger than the girl.  Having it the other way around seems odd.  Everything that I said about the sun applies to the moon as well.

Offline sonicspin

• no
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 11:02:20 pm
x
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:48:22 pm by sonicspin »

Offline hapiel

• PJ mod
    • hapiel
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9092.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 09:18:23 am
The sun doesn't look connected to her hair anymore, which is good!

However, the character would stand out much more if it had some space around it, the sun is in the same color as herself so she disappears a bit in the background...

Are the eye styles intentionally different?  Is the left character supposed to be a boy/girl/undefined?

Hands are hard, but doable, look up some reference images and some pixel images, and try to create some better ones perhaps :)