AuthorTopic: Adventure Platformer Tiles/Animations  (Read 3634 times)

Offline PixHammer

• View Profile

Adventure Platformer Tiles/Animations

on: May 28, 2015, 09:15:09 pm
Can i get some critique on the tiles and player animations?

Animations:

Tiles:

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Re: Adventure Platformer Tiles/Animations

Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 09:41:50 pm
Would probably be beneficial if you just post the animation sprites. Trying to critique the animation while in motion is kinda hard.

Offline PixHammer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:56:03 pm
Run animation:

Idle Animation:

Push animation:

Other two (Jump/Swim) Still need some work

Offline Neirda

• View Profile
    • Oddtales

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 11:00:33 pm
Hey PixHammer, I had fun doing a quick overpaint with your tiles, you'll get an idea of what your game may look like with some  improvement with your art.

Assuming you are on Photoshop,here some tips to make things richer :

- First of all, everythings look flat, I've added a 3D feeling only by duplicating each of the square rock with a darker layer behind ( with some clean up )

- I changed the constrast with Ctrl+M : To increase dark colors

- I also used some color shifting with Ctrl+B : basically blue in dark tones, green in mid tones & yellow and red in lightest part of your tiles

- To fit in the maya theme I've added some broken rocks from the existing assets (just some eraser tool) and plants, you shouldn't think only with square tiles, adding more complicated details even not useful for gameplay purpose make the whole background richer

Sorry if I made some spelling mistakes, anyway, you are very welcome to ask me questions!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:26:20 pm by Neirda »

Offline japie81

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 01:15:04 am
I really like it, and would love to see more  :y:

Offline PixHammer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:30:28 pm
Hey PixHammer, I had fun doing a quick overpaint with your tiles, you'll get an idea of what your game may look like with some  improvement with your art.

Assuming you are on Photoshop,here some tips to make things richer :

- First of all, everythings look flat, I've added a 3D feeling only by duplicating each of the square rock with a darker layer behind ( with some clean up )

- I changed the constrast with Ctrl+M : To increase dark colors

- I also used some color shifting with Ctrl+B : basically blue in dark tones, green in mid tones & yellow and red in lightest part of your tiles

- To fit in the maya theme I've added some broken rocks from the existing assets (just some eraser tool) and plants, you shouldn't think only with square tiles, adding more complicated details even not useful for gameplay purpose make the whole background richer

Sorry if I made some spelling mistakes, anyway, you are very welcome to ask me questions!

This is badass, liking your choice in pallete, looks like those few simple tweaks added a lot, thanks :D