AuthorTopic: [C+C] Cartoon/Anime Top Down Character for an RPG  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Naufon

• View Profile

[C+C] Cartoon/Anime Top Down Character for an RPG

on: February 05, 2017, 11:36:21 pm
I am needing critique and advice for this cartoon/anime/chibi'ish styled top down RPG character. I won't be editing this anymore but I would like to learn from my mistakes and flaws from it. One of my weak points I would say is getting the hair to look good with using darker shades of hair as well as highlights. I don't know how to stylize hair that well. I don't know of anything else that could make the sprite look any better. If anyone can spot anything else that I could do better upon, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Size is: 33x53

Offline Naufon

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Cartoon/Anime Top Down Character for an RPG

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 11:47:19 pm
I can't modify the post above for some reason.

But one thing I want to add is that I want to make my characters look "cutesy" for an RPG dating sim that I have in mind. I feel like I haven't achieved this yet.

Offline SWEGDovahkiin

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:01:36 am
I think the head is a little bit too tall. Try fixing that, other than that though it look pretty good to me.

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:18:38 am
Some ideas to make the face and head look cleaner and cuter

Offline Naufon

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 01:41:08 am
I think the head is a little bit too tall. Try fixing that, other than that though it look pretty good to me.

I didn't think I would edit this again, but I actually want to now to see what it would look like from critique.

Not sure if it is any better.

Some ideas to make the face and head look cleaner and cuter

Wow. Yeah, that looks way better than mine. I will try to add a similar sort of thing to mine. :)

Thank you guys for your suggestions!