AuthorTopic: Creature, a new Advanced 2D Skeletal + Deformation Animation Tool  (Read 4164 times)

Offline kestrelm

• View Profile
Hello Animators & Artists,

I present to you Creature, my new advanced 2D Skeletal and Mesh Deformation Animation Tool.
Unlike other animation apps, Creature allows the user to generate complex motion like Walk Cycles, Cloth & Hair Dynamics, Soft Body Flesh etc. automatically. This is done using Creature’s built in Physics and Procedural Animation Engine. Animations are all generated from a single image.

Please note that the automated tools in Creature are in no way a substitute to replace manual animation. If anything, the automatic results are meant to help animators get results 70 - 80% of the way there, and then polish on top of them afterwards by converting the results back into keyframe knots if desired. The idea behind creature is to aid artists like yourself generate secondary motion a lot more easily.

Using Creature, animators and technical artists can produce fluid, high quality animations very quickly. This translates into huge savings in both time and cost. There are very advanced features used in the VFX industry like Motion Capture available in Creature as well.

Video Trailer:

Ram animated using Creature's Physics and Walking motors (You can see the flesh and skin dynamics here):

http://creature.kestrelmoon.com

Creature exports to multiple file formats (Sprites, Sprite Sheets, Gif, Movie, FBX) and also provides source code runtimes to popular game engines (Cocos2dx, Unity, MonoGame, LibGDX, PixiJS, ThreeJS, BabylonJS).

Creature is now available for download from the Mac App Store. A Windows port is also in production.
Thank you for reading this post. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Jiayi
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:56:55 am by kestrelm »

Offline vikramsuriya

• View Profile
    • www.gmail.com
nice post thank you

Offline Boss robot

• View Profile
No Windows version?