AuthorTopic: [C+C][WIP] Making a platformer, would like som input/advice  (Read 2339 times)

Offline R33an1

• View Profile
Hi guys!

This is my first post to the forum, have been lurking for about a month or so. The forum has absolutely helped me advance as a pixel artist but I'm in no way to be regarded as experienced.

Anyway, the sprites are for a game a friend of mine and myself started working on recently.

Would love to get some input.

Thanks in advance!'

Update!

Oops, forgot to include what these characters are:

The violet guy with the top-hat is supposed to be the playable character.
And the green blub is an enemy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:40:38 am by R33an1 »

Offline XbearT

• View Profile
Hey! Just a couple of questions: are these are just character models? Or will they actually be used in the game? If the latter is the case then you'd want to have them facing sideways.

The blub or slime seemed a bit pillow shaded, so I'd suggest considering a light source from above
Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

I've hue shifted the lighter midtone and highlight more to yellow and the darkest tone a bit to blue to make the sprite pop-up more, and also movde the eyes to make it seem like it's looking to the sides.
I'm not sure what could be done to the main character, but he looks cool and mysterious
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:54:13 am by XbearT »
I'm on DeviantArt as FTF9.

Offline R33an1

• View Profile
Hey! Just a couple of questions: are these are just character models? Or will they actually be used in the game? If the latter is the case then you'd want to have them facing sideways.

The blub or slime seemed a bit pillow shaded, so I'd suggest considering a light source from above
Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

I've hue shifted the lighter midtone and highlight more to yellow and the darkest tone a bit to blue to make the sprite pop-up more, and also movde the eyes to make it seem like it's looking to the sides.
I'm not sure what could be done to the main character, but he looks cool and mysterious

Hey XbearT, thank you for the information. :)

The main character is facing that way because it's meant to be an idle stance. Haven't begun working on the animations yet, therefore not made a sideways stance either.

Thanks for the tip about the shading :). Heheh, I tried to make the slime facing sideways like you did, but didn't really get it the way I wanted.

Best regards!