AuthorTopic: Crocotile 3D - a new 3d modeling tool that acts like a 2d tilemap editor!  (Read 130644 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Linux version is now available!

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Crocotile 3D v1.1.0 is now available!
This version adds new Paint tools. This helps with modeling objects and skinning them without leaving the program.
There is also new documentation included that outlines everything in the program.

I created this bunny all in Crocotile 3D:

Offline Theoden

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
I created this bunny all in Crocotile 3D:

This looks amazing. I have been tracking Crocotile since its early releases and it's great to see how it gets better and better.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'm waiting for this to mature a bit before tackling it. I think it's about time now :D

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Thanks Theoden!
@Gil , I think it is at a pretty good state to begin creating some stuff with. The paint features really help a lot with planning the texture while you work if you don't have a finalized texture to use yet. If you decide to use it, feedback is much appreciated- I'm sure there are various things that could be improved still.
I'm working on adding some features to group tiles together to create objects/prefabs that you can drop into the scene, but I'm taking a short break at the moment. I'll probably have those features ready sometime in September.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant
Is there on-model texture painting yet?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Is there on-model texture painting yet?

Not currently.. It's something I'm interested in adding though once I think of a good way to handle it.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Crocotile 3D v1.2.0 is now available!
This version introduces new features that allow grouping tiles together into objects/prefabs. These can then be placed as instances into the scene, allow changes to one to be made to all instances. More details can be found in the howto documentation. Also, some bugs have been fixed- check the changelog for more info.
Here's a video showing me creating stairs using some of the new features.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Mxoofks_Y
and a gif of the result:

also, whoever it was that replied recently, I was going to say thanks, but it appears your message was removed?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
v.1.2.1 is now available!
Biggest change is the new keybinding system that allows more flexibility with key configuration, and should make additional features easier to implement. Also fixed some bugs and added other stuff, see below. There was also a 1.2.0b update that fixed an issue with loading scenes if you missed that.

Added: New keybinding system. Read help file for more information and also be sure to report any bugs or issues if you find any.
Added: Ability to rotate selection clockwise/counter-clockwise when holding Shift key and pressing Q,E.
Added: Hold space in tileset tab now allows panning of the tileset if zoomed in.
Added. Option to move crosshair to an object's origin point found in an object's menu when right-clicking an instance.
Added: Rename object points except for the origin.
Added: Subdivide tiles into columns and rows.
Added: Pixel resolution and window size can be configured in the settings.
Fixed: Sometimes applying a UV to an existing tile or copying the UV from a tile would accidentally draw or erase tiles if the mouse was dragged in the process.
Fixed: Moving the origin point of a prefab object would cause issues when rotating tiles immediately afterwards.
Added: Experimental normal map and height map image generation of prefab objects, accessed by right-clicking objects in the Scene tab.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant
You know that the itch.io page says that it's "free" and "name your own price" but the web page says you have to register for $10?