AuthorTopic: Crocotile 3D - a new 3d modeling tool that acts like a 2d tilemap editor!  (Read 63077 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile
Hey Alex, I saw the v1.0.19 update video, awesome stuff. Love what you did with the background  :D Not only does it look better, but it makes you feel like you're already in a world, and all you need to do is create stuff to fill it up!

Does the registration purpose include future updates?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Thanks Ryumaru! Yes, your registration key/activation will work with any future updates.

There has been a lot of Japanese people downloading the program lately. They seem to have a big interest in it. I'm thinking I'll try to offer a language option in the future.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Linux version is now available!

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Crocotile 3D v1.1.0 is now available!
This version adds new Paint tools. This helps with modeling objects and skinning them without leaving the program.
There is also new documentation included that outlines everything in the program.

I created this bunny all in Crocotile 3D:

Offline Theoden

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
I created this bunny all in Crocotile 3D:

This looks amazing. I have been tracking Crocotile since its early releases and it's great to see how it gets better and better.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'm waiting for this to mature a bit before tackling it. I think it's about time now :D

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Thanks Theoden!
@Gil , I think it is at a pretty good state to begin creating some stuff with. The paint features really help a lot with planning the texture while you work if you don't have a finalized texture to use yet. If you decide to use it, feedback is much appreciated- I'm sure there are various things that could be improved still.
I'm working on adding some features to group tiles together to create objects/prefabs that you can drop into the scene, but I'm taking a short break at the moment. I'll probably have those features ready sometime in September.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant
Is there on-model texture painting yet?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Is there on-model texture painting yet?

Not currently.. It's something I'm interested in adding though once I think of a good way to handle it.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Crocotile 3D v1.2.0 is now available!
This version introduces new features that allow grouping tiles together into objects/prefabs. These can then be placed as instances into the scene, allow changes to one to be made to all instances. More details can be found in the howto documentation. Also, some bugs have been fixed- check the changelog for more info.
Here's a video showing me creating stairs using some of the new features.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Mxoofks_Y
and a gif of the result:

also, whoever it was that replied recently, I was going to say thanks, but it appears your message was removed?