AuthorTopic: RATE EACHOTHER'S PIXELARTS.  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Jaramelon

• View Profile

RATE EACHOTHER'S PIXELARTS.

on: September 01, 2015, 03:43:03 pm
i don't know if i post this in the right section, but i couldn't find anything like this before. im sorry if it's already posted.

in this topic you can rate eachothers pixelarts from 1 to 10. you can chose who to rate if there are people posting more times in a row.

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Re: RATE EACHOTHER'S PIXELARTS.

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 04:02:19 pm
There's already an entire website built around that idea.  ;)

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 05:49:00 pm
I think the whole idea of "rating" art doesn't really go well together with the spirit of pixelation.
Once you start rating something you get the average of what people like.
If everybody just does what the average "gray" mass likes and builds his art around, it's the death for the individual  perspective growth and shaping one's own ideas as an artist.

The idea we have here at pixelation is a purely technical one, technique can get critiqued, because for some things there is right or wrong if it comes down to simple technical basics.
We usually don't question the ideas of somebody behind or the topics - and those only can be rated with a very personal approach of liking and disliking.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 12:28:59 am
Either people are of good enough level not to need their art "rated" or they aren't, in which case they certainly shouldn't be "rating" others

Offline Jaramelon

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 07:43:13 am
Either people are of good enough level not to need their art "rated" or they aren't, in which case they certainly shouldn't be "rating" others

ye, you're right about that. but i thought about it as encouragement to people who just get started.

rates based on:
1. potentiality (if someone worked really hard on their pixelart and not just bambambam after 3 sec here's my pic),
2. orginality,
3. basic stuff (lights and shadows),
4. your own likes and dislikes (for example, i like it when people pixelate a lookalike anime in their own style).

rules: everyone can be rated by 3 people each per pixelart.

alright with this?

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 05:14:22 pm
As others have said, this forum is about critique, not rating.  If you want to rate eachother's art, feel free to do so at PJ.  Locking this thread.