AuthorTopic: Sir Carma Art: Pixelart Using Voxels (gallery)  (Read 7465 times)

Offline kikatok

• View Profile

Sir Carma Art: Pixelart Using Voxels (gallery)

on: May 04, 2015, 06:47:26 pm

Hello, guys! These are the images created by a Parisian artist Sir carma. He doesn't want to revel his real name, but he was eager to give an interview and talk about his projects.

http://80.lv/articles/sir-carma-magica-voxel-was-like-having-infinite-legos-in-my-computer/

He uses Magica Voxel to build these wonderful dioramas and then glues pieces together to get big-size images with lots of details. A pretty neat technique and I though some of you guys might find it interesting!

You can find Sir Carma on twitter. He's working on some new stuff as well. Hope to see his game sometime.

Offline Cherno

• View Profile

Re: Sir Carma Art: Pixelart Using Voxels (gallery)

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:04:43 pm
Absolutely beautiful, especially the first one. It's a shame that these aren't used for a game... yet ;)

I use MagickaVoxel as well, great programm and easy to use.

Thanks for posting  :y:

Offline kikatok

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:12:48 pm
Hey, no problem man. I get to talk with lots of pixelartists and game artists in general. Some of them make incredible work. Sir carma is obviously among the best ones.

It's amazing that he just started like 5 month ago. Crazy!

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:15 pm
thread title was a little misleading, this is voxel art using voxels XD, but they look great!

@cherno yeah id love to see more games using voxels. check out 3d dot heroes if you havent seen that, its got a cool voxel thing going on

Offline kikatok

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:21:12 pm
3d dot heroes is epic. totally agree. by the way the company that made is is selling high-tech 3d-solutions for games right now. it's like the Japanese Epic Games )

Offline Cherno

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 07:30:11 pm
thread title was a little misleading, this is voxel art using voxels XD, but they look great!

@cherno yeah id love to see more games using voxels. check out 3d dot heroes if you havent seen that, its got a cool voxel thing going on

I'm actually developing a clone of 3D Dot Game Heroes in Unity. Well, the look is the same, but gameplay is more a mix between Legend of Zelda / A Link to the past and dungeon crawlers like Diablo... all in coop mode. It's actually pretty advanced, character controls, attacking, rudimentary AI, inventory GUI and a voxel-based terrain engine with extensive level editor are all implemented. I just got back to the project after spending a few months on a remake of the 1990 Amiga game Hunter. Anyway, here are some characters I made. The Darknut is obviously from Legend of Zelda and directly based on the sprite, while the Rope and Zol are inspired or direct copies of voxelized versions found on DeviantArt and other places. One day when I patch together a playable test version I will start a development thread.

Edit: I might want to add that these are not meant to be released in any commercial game, but rather just test characters to see which kind of style I like and as pretty placeholders.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:40:27 pm by Cherno »